Updated by Lorena
In this guide, we introduce you to our new customer journeys and explain how your customers will be led through the booking process, and share some insights into how staff can configure the experience.
The new Customer Journey
Booking an appointment
To book an appointment, customers will go through the following these steps:
- Select a service (categories can be used to group services). There are different display options for services that can be configured in the Journey Builder. Long service descriptions can be viewed in a modal. By default service name, duration and description are displayed.
- Select a location, either by searching for a location name, town, or postcode or by selecting the "Use my current location" button. Branch opening hours per location can be shown or hidden from the location tiles in the journey builder. By default, customers will see the location name, distance, address and phone number (if available).
- Choose a time and date on the calendar step. Customers can change the timezone in which they want the view the available timeslots.
- Enter your personal details (First and last name, email address, mobile phone number), optionally add additional attendees, answer any additional booking or customer questions (if they were set up for the service in Studio), and agree to the data protection policy (text can be fully customized in the journey builder).
- Confirmation. The info shown on this step are:
- Booking Reference number
- Service name and duration
- Method (in person, phone, or video)
- Date and time of appointment
- Branch location (the address is removed for phone or video appointments)
- Customer details (Name, email, phone)
- Additional attendees
- Staff name
- Link to map of the branch location
From the confirmation screen, the customer can Reschedule their appointment, add it to their calendar (Google, Outlook,iCal), join video appointments or cancel the appointment (if the settings in Studio allow for it).
The appointment availability that customers see is determined by two things:
- Staff schedules: Schedules are created and amended within Studio. If you would like more information on creating staff schedules, refer to the Creating and managing staff availability article.
- Time slots: The time slots that customers see (e.g., 9:20, 9:40; 10:00) are calculated based on your timestep settings, a service creation setting. More information can be found on this in the Creating and editing services article.
Depending on the settings of your store/branch, upon confirmation customers may receive confirmation via SMS or email also. This helps the customer to keep a copy of their confirmation should they need it to remember the time, date and location.
Notification settings can be amended within Studio if you navigate to Settings > Basic Settings > Notifications.
See the list of languages that we currently support below, new languages can be added upon request.
- English UK
- English US
- English HK
- English AU
- English China
- French France
- French Canada
- Journey Builder
- Branding Theme Builder
- Creating and managing staff availability
- Creating and editing services
Still have questions?
If you have any further questions about the new customer booking journey, please contact JRNI Customer Support, who will be happy to help.