Table of Contents
Updated by Tara
Create new dashboards, or modify existing ones, to reflect your reporting needs better. Any new dashboards added to shared folders, or updates made to shared dashboards, will also be visible to all users with access (including Analytics Essentials).
To edit an existing dashboard in isolation (without affecting the original), we recommend you copy the dashboard to a folder of your own first, and edit that version instead. Click the three-dot icon on a dashboard tile and select Copy.
Creating a new dashboard from a folder
- Go to your personal folder or company's shared folder.
- Click New in the top right corner.
- Click Dashboard. From here, a Create Dashboard window appears.
- Enter a name for your new dashboard.
- Click Create Dashboard.
Your new empty dashboard has now been created, ready for you to start adding content to. From here, you can click Edit Dashboard to begin adding Tiles for your reports.
Creating a new dashboard from an existing report
- Locate a report that you would like to add to a new dashboard.
- Click the gear/cog icon from the top right corner.
- Click Save to Dashboard.
A new window will appear, giving you the option to add to an existing dashboard from available folders, or to create a New Dashboard.
- Click on the folder where you would like your new dashboard to sit.
- Click New Dashboard on the bottom left corner.
- A new window will appear for you to name your new dashboard.
- Once named, click OK. You’ll return to the Add to a Dashboard window.
- Select the new dashboard you created and click Save to Dashboard.
Adding content to a dashboard
Adding content directly from within your dashboard
Once you have created your dashboard you can start adding Tiles to it, using Visualizations or Text. Click either of the Add Tile buttons to get started.
- Visualization: Visualization tiles can be added by creating a report (Look) and will only be added/visible on that specific dashboard. The new Visualization tile will not be saved separately as a report to be used elsewhere.
- Text: Text tiles can be added to a dashboard to help describe any visual tiles added.
To learn more about creating new visualizations, see our guide on Creating your own reports.
Adding existing content to your dashboard
You can also add existing content to your newly created dashboard. Follow the steps above “Create a new dashboard from an existing report.” On Step 4, select an existing dashboard from your folders. After that, skip to Step 9 and click Save to Dashboard.
Modifying a dashboard
There are several ways to modify a dashboard, including;
- (1) Add new tiles: add new tiles by creating new reports (Looks).
- (2) Create and add Filters: choose from the range of filters to narrow the dashboard’s results to the data you’re interested in. Learn more with our guide on creating your own filters.
- (3) Update dashboard Settings: update the time zone, choose when to run or refresh the dashboard.
- (4) Reposition tiles: drag and drop tiles to a different position on the dashboard.
- (5) Resize tiles: click the corner of the tile to change its size on the dashboard, giving greater or lesser prominence to elements on the dashboard.
Modifying dashboard tiles
You can also modify each individual tile displayed on the dashboard. Click the three dot icon from the top right corner of a tile, for the following edit options:
- Hide: hide the tile from displaying on the dashboard
- Add note: annotate the tile with useful context and information
- Duplicate tile: copy the exact tile to create and add another
- Delete: delete and remove the tile from the dashboard
Still have questions?
If you have any further questions about creating and modifying dashboards, or accessing JRNI Analytics Plus, please contact JRNI Customer Support, who will be happy to help.